Thursday, November 26, 2009

CHARACTER

[FIRST]
"So many people say that obviously my game has changed since I arrived here and I say that it's good that it changed, otherwise it would show a lack of intelligence. You learn from your mistakes. When I was younger I was trying to do what I wanted to do, not what the game wanted me to do. I would say that's the difference."

[AND]

“It’s true that I have a character of a pig. It’s not lying to say this. Sometimes I like to be right, even when I am wrong. But to claim that I wanted power, no. To claim that I wanted to play in 4-5-1, no. All those who know me know that I prefer to play with a teammate up front. To say that I pushed my friend David aside… I always defend David for selection. But…fine, I am going to try to smile a little more on the pitch.”

[A CHARM]

'Big boats everywhere, big cars, beautiful women, the sun, the sea, the famous people. Life could seem easy in a place like this and, even as a kid, I thought, "This might not be the best place to learn football".'

These words are Thierry's. It's easy to see why he is my favorite. But, if it's not resoundingly clear--next post--I will tell you how I "discovered" Mr. Henry. And you can decide if it was fate or default .

--superVirgin