Sunday, December 6, 2009

BACK THEN


Dear Thierry,

Remember back on June 12, 1998, how it felt when you scored your first international goal against South Africa and Les Bleus won 3-0...Do you remember? Well, when you take on South Africa next year, I hope you find scoring just as exciting 12 years later--if you do, please, do us all a favor and CONTINUE to play, but please, if you don't, don't just do it to just do it.
Afterall, you're no longer contracted to Nike :)
You have solidified your place in history and even though you are my favorite player--the player who inspires
me to walk multiple city blocks and avenues in freezing cold rain (with no umbrella or head covering)just to see you play (haCHOO...yes that was a sneeze), I'd also go the same distance to hear you speak. You have so much to offer the world. Remember, it wasn't your game that sparked my interest--it was your words. And whenever you retire be it tomorrow or 2012--remember that just when the caterpillar thought it was over it became a beautiful butterfly.

--superVirgin

P.S.: Today I watched Roma play Lazio. I must say that if you leave football so will my interest, as I was bored out of my mind watching Roma & Lazio! I try to diversify my footballing portfolio \^-^/