Tuesday, December 1, 2009

PLEASE LEAVE AIDS ALONE



I would like to turn my own problem into something good that will reach out to all my homeboys, I want to save their asses before it's too late. I'm not looking to blame anyone except myself. --Eazy E (September 7, 1963 – March 26, 1995)


Well, I'm convinced that the boys in the hood would be a lot less hard if they juxtaposed condoms and diapers inside stores. So what does this post have to do with Thierry Henry?
I don't think he's a virgin so I suppose anyone gettin' in, on or whatever colloquialism sex goes under these days could use a reminder that AIDS has not gone away. If you can't get your Lenny Kravitz on (he's been celibate [as in NO SEX] now for 3 YEARS--and he's Lenny Kravitz)--actually, there's no one who can't abstain--there are just those who won't. I learned once from a cute little old lady at a nursing home that something you do at age 18 can stay with you forever. In the case of the cute little 80-year-old-lady , well, one day she wasn't feeling well enough to come out and play (activities) because her HERPES was "acting up."
AIDS. When AIDS acts up--you're going OUT. HIV, sure, you can live with that, right? But why? Who wants to live off of a cocktail of medication? My friend's grandmother has been doing that for 10 years and she's decided to stop. So guess what...
Yeah.
I'm not trying to scare you. I'm just trying to get you to think.
In parting I'll leave you with words from Pete Rock ft. dead prez's song "Warzone."

Get your groove on, get your yak on
If your game tight, playa, get your mack on
Get your thug on, get your buzz on
But don't forget we livin' in a warzone*