Saturday, December 5, 2009

GAME DAY


Dear Thierry,

Sometimes I forget that I'm a girl. When I visit a pub to watch you play my ear becomes a microphone for the 'ish "gents" [English, Scottish, Spanish and yes,even Irish] who say the darndest things i.e. "So where is Getafe located in Spain," or "HENRY,eh,he left us" or "Henry, he's a cute one isn't he?" or "Would you like another?" Sure the latter is simply asking me if I'd like another drink--but because I tend to forget that I'm a girl I initially always feel uncomfortable--especially at the drink offer. I often look at my $5.00 cup of cranberry and lime juice * which is always strategically 3/4 full* and wonder who would accept another drink when they're already holding one?
I abide by a very Native American philosophy, "Don't take more than you need." Today I need :) to watch the game. Where will I watch the game? Now that's a good question.
ALLEZ THIERRY!!!!!!!!!

--superVirgin

P.S. I wonder what would happen if I chewed pieces of hot garlic bread during the game then walked up to random men and put my mouth a centimeter away from their ears and said, "Hey, I heard Messi is from Argentina do you know how long it takes him to fly there from Spain?" ...absolutely nothing. Men.
They'd probably just Twitter "I'm getting hit on..."