Thursday, December 3, 2009

DO YOU SEE WHAT I SEE

Oozing amazing personality is what's expected of "unattractive" people as compensation for lack of pleasing aesthetics. Personality can be overshadowed by a cute face a nice body a fat wallet and it's only after the lust has gone that we are able to see the pricelessness and rarity of something so simple as a great personality. I work at a gym that brings amazing bodies full of muscles: collagen: sillicone: hair extensions...and sometimes I just look and wonder, I wonder what would happen if people worked on their personality like they do their abs.
But then we live in a microwave society where a short skirt, high heels, new breasts and a firm arse gets one instant gratification in which or whatever way they desire it. And I can't leave men out with their puffed chests, expensive cars, lip-licking,... Thierry Henry is an athlete. He's an attractive athlete. He's a paid athlete. He's a mega-star athlete. Yes. Oui. Si. This is all well and good but what I think about most, when I THINK of Thierry Henry is how after France beat Togo 2:0 in the 2006 World Cup he made his way over to the Togo bench/side wearing Togo shorts and holding a shirt. The man traded away his entire uniform (which perhaps is customary)? But I just remember seeing a sweaty Thierry sit alongside team Togo chatting smiling joking...clearly so far removed from Ego-star-mode that I can barely word it. It was all personality.
That's my fondest Henry image.

*************************************************************
"Here is some advice. As a reader of body language, look past looks. If you look beyond looks, you'll have better employees, better friends, and better marriages."
-- Peter Andersen Ph.D